Friday 3 August 2012

Book Review #1 Wasteland by Lynn Rush

Like I said in the introduction blog, I'll do some book reviews now and then. I have read quite some intresting books over the past couple of months, so I have some reviews to write. I'll do some more known books, for example The Mortal Instruments, but I am mostly excited to do some reviews of books I think are far less known. I will avoid spoilers in the review and if I want to put in some more details, I'll make sure I'll let you know way beforehand ;)

The first book that I'll do a review from, is one of those books that is probably less known. The book is called Wasteland and is written by Lynn Rush. Wasteland was her first book and it is the first book in the Wasteland Triology. The book takes place in the modern world, but is combined with (half)demons and angels/guardians of the humans. You can read the synopsis of the book here on the offical webpage of Lynn Rush.

My review
In the beginning of the book I was a little wary, the book is written from the perspective of a guy, not something I am very used to. But it turned out it did not matter. I could feel as easily for 'David' as I could for every other female I have read in perspective about.
The book takes place in a different world from what I have read in other paranormal books, which was exciting, because I always like to discover a whole new world. Sometimes I did miss some details, the book tends to be a little bit rushed now and then, but since so much happens it is good at the same time that the pace of the book is higher.
At some point of the book you really feel like hitting some of the characters, but most of the time you really feel for them or just want to hug them because they are so great, basically all the characters tend to be very -let's call it- human, because they have so many different sides.

Basically my conclusion is that I really like reading the book and that it was great to find a new great author and I'm curious to read book 2 and book 0.5 from the series!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this review! I'm so glad you enjoyed the story. I love my 400-year-old half-demon, David. But Durk--book two is his story--*le sigh* Don't tell David, but I *really* like DURK!--LOL.

    Thanks again, Arlette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review and great book :) love that you interact with your fans so much, Lynn! Still need to read book 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yasmine. I love hanging out my fellow readers. You're why I write. Hope you enjoy reading book 2 as much as I enjoyed writing it. :)

      Delete