Thursday 23 August 2012

The Massive Bookswap

So last night I did a massive bookswap with my best friend Yasmine (make sure to check out her blog if you haven't already). For those who have no idea what I mean with a bookswap, we literally swapped some books around from each other to read (so basically saving money borrowing the books instead of buying them straight off, good tip for the economic crisis perhaps?)

The books I have borrowed from her are some I have been dying to read for ages. The first 6 books I have borrowed is The Immortals serie from Alyson Noel. The funny thing is that I recommended these books to her over a year ago and some way she ended up buying them and I still haven't read them, but that's about to change now finally.
The other books that I've borrowed are The Secret Circle books from L.J. Smith. I have to admit that I gave up on the serie halfway through, but I have heard so much more positive comments about the books that I'm pretty curious to start reading these as well. I'll make sure to review them once I'm done with them.

On the other hand, she has borrowed a larger varity of books from me. Inbetween from Tara Fuller, The Magician's Apprentice from Trudi Canavan, The Name of the Star from Maureen Johnson, Wither from Lauren DeStefano, City of Ships from Mary Hoffman and Vals from Mel Wallis de Vries (Dutch author).

Obviously, I have read these already and most of them I'm really excited about still and I have them on my 'soon to be reviewed list' (I'm getting a bit behind on this), but if there is any book that I just mentioned you would really like to read a review about, let me know and I make it skip the queue.

7 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Can't wait to start in the books you gave me, but I still have some other books I need to read first :P I was going to blog about this too, but since I have a few other blogs lined up I'll just skip it xD I'll just link to your page :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link ;) And well thanks that I can borrow the books, curious for them!

      Delete
  2. hmm, well I can also read my name between the lines hahahaha for giving yas the first book of the immortals series and giving you the magician's apprentice lol :P yes I am awesome lol :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha yes thank you for that book :P Arlette recommended, you gave it, I bought the rest ghehe :P Full circle :P Curious about The Magician's Apprentice (:

      Delete
    2. Yes, you are definately in there with the books you gave us!

      Delete
  3. I've heard some great things about the Immortals series. I'm actually quite curious to see what you think of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Immortals series is SO good. I really loved them :)

      Delete