Sunday 3 March 2013

Movie Review: Pitch Perfect

Beca, a freshman at Barden University, is cajoled into joining The Bellas, her school's all-girls singing group. Injecting some much needed energy into their repertoire, The Bellas take on their male rivals in a campus competition.
I finally saw this movie 2 weeks ago and had such a good laugh on it. I loved the movie, it was basically everything I expected it to have: nice songs and a good deal of comedy.

I heard about the movie because of the involvement of Elizabeth Banks and Anna Kendrick. Both great actresses and since Elizabeth also did a great deal of off-camera work, I knew I wanted to check it out. The first trailers I saw of it got me hooked, yep this one was to be one to see.

The story itself is maybe not super original and a little predictable, but I don't mind. I wouldn't have expected much different. The characters themselves are just great though. They all have something that makes you love them (or want to strangle them now and then ;)).

The songs is what did it most for me though, I loved the mash-ups they did. My personal favourite are the ones they did for the 'Riff Off'. As I liked the music a lot, I've been listening quite a bit to the soundtrack as well. The soundtrack, however, has a lot of "cleaned up" versions of the songs they sing in the movie, which works great.

Have you guys seen it? Liked it? Is the music your kind of thing?


8 comments:

  1. Pitch perfect whoohooo hahahaha :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I loved this movie! Bit predictable yes, but who cares :P The songs are just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you always keep me updated with new releases!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a feel-good movie! I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a good movie! I would have liked it more minus all the puke though, haha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh ik wil die film heel graag zien!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everybody, except for Anna Kendrick, is funny and energetic and they all definitely make this movie a lot better than it had any darn right to be in the first-place. Good review Arlette.

    ReplyDelete