Sunday 3 February 2013

Book Review #11: Perigee Moon

After the tragic death of her mother, 17 year old Rowan Bliss moves to Massachusetts to live with her grandparents, hoping to start over. Once there she meets Alex, a mysterious witch who’s keeping more than a few dangerous secrets. And that’s not the worst of it – Alex is destined to die. Rowan will do whatever it takes to prevent that from happening, which means she’ll have to discover the truth about her past and open herself up to the power she has within. But is it even possible to fight fate…and win?

Perigee Moon is the debut novel of author Tara Fuller. I read her second book earlier than I read this one actually. The other book I've read from Tara is Inbetween, which I reviewed last September.

The book is a nice and easy read, well written. Especially for a debut novel, it is very nice. The book is written from the POV of Rowan, who step by step learns the world of witches and witchcraft. As it is written from her POV, you will learn step by step yourself what the world entails, which in my opinion is always a nice way to see a new world open up.

What I liked most about the book is that most of the chapters start with an entry of a diary - it turns out to be of a book of spells. Some of them are by Alex, the misterious guy Rowan comes across and some by his mother. In the beginning it leaves you wondering what he exactly is and how it all gets together like that. Later on when you know some more of Alex, it's still interesting as then you get some more background information of some of his actions.

 I liked the book, though I wasn't blown away by it. I guess a 3.5 out of 5 stars. Fairly honest I enjoyed 'Inbetween' by Tara more than this one, but it was definately still a very nice read. Oh and for those, like me, who wonder if there are books to be found out there that are not a series. Well, Perigee Moon is a stand-alone book!

4 comments:

  1. Yay Perigee Moon! I loved it (and Alex haha). It's kind of mysterious indeed and just lovely to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank heavens this is an book i could buy without being scared to have to follow the entire series haha. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard about this book before. I'll keep it in mind, but there are other books I'd rather read first :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hadn't heard of this before, sounds interesting!

    Have a fantastic day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete