Wednesday 10 July 2013

Movie Review: Despicable Me 2

Despicable Me 2
I tried to look up a sypnosis for this movie, I'm not sure if there actually is one. Anyway, those who have seen the first movie or any of the trailers will probably no what it is about, or not, because most of the trailer just feature the awesome minions! The movie is about Gru this time trying to save the world, of course together with his minions.

The movie was in 3D and honestly I'm not that big of a fan of 3D but with animation movies it usually works. It definately worked for this movie as well. I saw the first one in 3D as well and it just as much worked for this one.

When me and two friends arrived at the cinema, we noticed we were a little older than the average age of visitors, ah well. We actually went as a last minute decision on our first day of holidays (the two friends I went with had their last exam two hours earlier) and it was a good call.

We laughed: A LOT. It was funny to see how some parts that are featured in so many commercials were actually there (like from commercials for Chiquita Bananas). I have a feeling this is not going to be a very extensive review, because all I want to say about this are: MINIONS. They are just awesome and are the very core of the movie, no matter that the kids of Gru are really cute too.

The part where we maybe laughed the loudest was the credits, weird huh? There you have these three minions "auditioning" for the movie, just all minion awesomeness in a few minutes.

14 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing Despicable Me 2, but I don't think I'll go to the cinema to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! Now I really wont to go see it! :)
    xx
    Sarah
    http://afreemindsw.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review Arlette. It’s a fine time for the family, but for the lone wolfs, it’s a little bit hard to sit through at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see this so bad! But I don't like 3D so I'm hoping that the movie theater near me has the regular version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I can't wait to see it :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah ik moet hem nog gaan zien! Mijn zusje en ik hebben het cadeau gegeven aan papa met vaderdag :) na mijn vakantie ga ik zeker want ik ben zo benieuwd!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i havent seen it yet :( i was suppose to go today but the cinemas were all full :D looking forward to watching it on Monday. i love the minions <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aah, ik wil hem nog echt graag zien!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your kind words on my last post!
    Haven't seen it yet but the trailer looks amazing!

    Have a fantastic day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like a lot of fun! looking forward to watching it!


    a possible fantasy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you enjoyed the movie!! I can't wait to go see it! Minions are the best <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm thinking of going to this movie with my littlesister , the Dutch version of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the minions <3 They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete